I was you not so very long ago. Our desire to help others while having a career with a purpose is probably similar. Luckily, I was introduced to massage therapy and I fell in love with it many years ago. Little did I know that massage therapy was going to be such a rewarding career with a ton of potential.
At Carlson College of Massage Therapy our mission is to provide an exceptional massage therapy education for a career you will love while helping others!
As an instructor, it is my passion to encourage you to step out and achieve your dreams. I believe that each of us has a calling and a purpose in life. At Carlson College of Massage Therapy, it’s our mission to help you find your purpose.
You are smart enough and you are good enough. Don’t let fear or doubt stand in your way. I’m sure glad that I didn’t. Trust me, if I can do it, you can too! I look forward to meeting you and being a part of your journey to become a massage therapist.
Full Time (23 weeks)
Part Time (50 weeks)
Cost & Payment Options
The application fee ($50) is due with an initial application for admission to hold your place in the class.
The total cost for the full time 6 month massage therapy program is $10,500 for our upcoming Spring Session and $11,625 for our Fall Session.
Our part time massage therapy program costs $10,500.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify! You may be eligible for a grant over $5,900.
In-House Payment Options
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median massage therapist salary in Iowa is $44,360 a year and is rising because massage therapists are in such high demand.
Here is an example of the path that Madison took:
What is accredited/accreditation?
Accreditation protects the student and ensures that they are receiving a quality education from an established, reputable school. Accreditation is a voluntary peer review process that identifies and acknowledges educational programs and/or institutions for achieving and maintaining a high level of quality, performance and integrity based on educational and professional standards. Accreditation goes far above and well beyond the State of Iowa approval process which is essentially an application and fee based process.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Protects the student to ensure a quality educational program.
- Gives the student a level of recourse if they are unhappy with their education or the admissions process.
- Helps educators increase the quality and performance of massage and bodywork programs.
- Increases program quality as faculty, staff and students participate in the self-study process and clarify the important role each plays.
- Provides universal recognition of program quality, often by professional organizations, which may increase recruitment potential.
- Enhances the reputation of the program/school in its local community.
Ready to change your life?
FULL TIME PROGRAM CURRICULUM: Carlson College of Massage Therapy will provide 775 in class, supervised hours of education in the following courses:
PART TIME PROGRAM CURRICULUM: Carlson College of Massage Therapy will provide 700 in class, supervised hours of education in the following courses:
Anatomy and Physiology
- Benefits and Contraindication
- Skin Conditions
- Common Conditions 1&2
- Body Systems 1, 2 & 3
Introduction to Massage Therapy
- Sanitization and Hand Care
- History of Massage
- Terms in Massage
Massage Theory and Techniques 1
- Swedish Massage (including draping)
- Body Mechanics
- Chair Massage
Massage Theory and Techniques 2
- Specifics Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Pregnant Side Lying Massage
- Postural Analysis
- Clinical Reasoning Skills
- Hot Stone Massage
- Myofascial Massage
- Pin and Stretch Techniques
- Introduction to Lymphatic Massage
- Introduction to Eastern/Acupressure
Business and Ethics
- Business Practices 1-6
- Professional Ethics 1-3
- Clinic Preparation
Orientation, Review and Finals
- Board Prep
- Review for Finals
- Review for Practical
- Final exams